Monday, February 23, 2009

sick again...

Today I am sick again. This is the second time in 3 weeks I have been sick. I am really mad. Not that I'm sick, but being sick in my situation sucks. I still went to school today, but yesterday I was so sick. My head felt like it was going to explode. I slept four hours in the afternoon and I honestly didn't have the frame of mind to walk through my plans. I felt really unprepared and was not ready for Monday. Much of teaching comes naturally, but I have to think through steps, directions I am going to give the kids, and stuff like that. When I am not 100% prepared that stuff hurts. The kids don't naturally act their best around me, so it takes my leadership. That was lacking today. I knew it, the kids knew it, and my teacher knew it. She didn't ream me for being unprepared, but I feel like she should have. I am a perfectionist by nature, and at the end of this day I am just disappointed in myself. I didn't give my best. In the grand scheme of things, not a big deal. But in the framework of today... I wish I had done better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment