Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Frustrations

Life is very frustrating today. My teacher has let me have a lot more control, and she's not stepping on my toes, but she has had to call out separate kids in addition to my control. She stopped the entire class in the middle of my lesson because they just couldn't get it together. She shouldn't have to do it. I know I am doing nothing wrong. The kids know that I have the same expectations as Mrs. Tolle. I know I am just a student teacher but they need to treat me the same. I do all the same things. In the words of my Jewish grandmother, "Oy!" 

Also I drove to campus for a 30 minute class. Walked across campus in a monsoon. Not happy. It was not a productive half hour and I don't appreciate my time being wasted. I feel like I have so little of it and I try hard to be productive and respectful of my time. 

Planning has been frustrating the past week. I had an idea but my teacher basically tells me what and how to teach. There's specific skills for each week. There's a language skill, comprehension skill, decoding skill, and writing skill. I understand that I have to follow a curriculum, but I kind of feel like I have to do everything exactly how my teacher has it in her head. I think she has good ideas and I like what I teach, but I want to try some new things. I feel like I have no ounce of freedom and I don't like that feeling. 






No comments:

Post a Comment